Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wishful Wednesdays!

'I wish'...I had never-ending funds to donate to a charity and it would be St. Baldrick's!


This is a charity I've become much more familiar with since being with my boyfriend, Mike. Each year, he grows his hair out, raises money (usually about $2,000-$3,000) and then shaves his hair for Children's Cancer Research. This year, I was touched and felt personally impacted as we were able to meet a young boy, Tony, who is in the 5th grade and currently fighting cancer. He's had four rounds of Chemo and never lost his hair. He too, joined the fight of Childhood Cancer Research by raising money and shaving his head. Here are some pictures from the event held March 12, 2010 at Fado in Atlanta.

My Boyfriend, Mike, getting his head shaved


Tony, finally going bald and not because of his Chemo treatment!



About St. Baldrick's:

Volunteers shave their heads in solidarity with kids fighting cancer and family and friends give generously - worldwide. The St. Baldrick's Foundation uses the donations to fund more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the United States Government.

2 comments:

♥ sarah said...

love this charity! i donated my hair a few years back to locks of love! cute blog! xoxo

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Okay, this completely touched my heart. I think it's AMAZING!!!!!!!

Post a Comment