Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beau Rivage Re-Cap

Mike and I went into this weekend not knowing what to expect. We had no idea what the plane would be like, how the hotel would be, what there was to do and the list goes on. I have to admit, we didn't really care since it was a free trip, but at least it turned out well.

The private jet, well it wasn't so private. Apparently the Beau Rivage uses a charter plane service for guests like us (who have a comped trip) and for guests that they invite who pay but are "usual gamblers at the casino". However, it was a semi-nice "private charter" plane which instead of soda and peanuts during beverage service, they ask what kind of alcoholic drink you prefer and give you ritz crackers. Way better than Delta in that aspect!

After a short hour flight, we touched down in Biloxi, MS where a bus shuttled us on over to the Beau Rivage. The fun part is you don't touch your bags once you take them to the airport. After we deplaned and headed to the hotel, our bags arrived within 2 hours in our room. Speaking of rooms, we were on the 22 floor on the far corner, a pretty nice room to be quite honest. If we went back, I'd request that one or one just like it. Way nicer than some of the others we walked by! Since we got in a little late on Friday night, we headed down to the casino to check it out, do some quick gambling and grab a night cap. We didn't want to stay up too late since we needed to get a run in on Saturday AM and have a good nights sleep for a full Saturday afternoon

After Mike did his 6 mile run and I did my 4 mile run/walk along the beach, we showered up and headed to the pool. I was hoping it would have been a bit bigger, but it was a gorgeous sunny, smoking hot day and the pool was the perfect place to be. Since it was such a scorcher of a day, we chose not to drink alcohol at the pool fearing that if we did, we'd have been done by 3pm and not gone out Saturday night. We got a little crispy, but nothing a little aloe couldn't fix by night time. Post a pool-side lunch and a little more time in the sun, we headed in to the casino to test our luck. Mike hit up black jack and craps while I hung out on the 'Super Jackpot Party' and 'Lucky Meerkats' penny slot machines ... MY FAVORITE! After a few dry runs on the penny slots, I hit it big (okay big in terms of penny slots) and won $100 on a $1 bet. I was stoked and cashed out right then and ran over to Mike (literally, I ran in the casino like a 2yr old). Post some more (smaller) wins on my beloved penny slots and a few hands of black jack later for  Mike, we headed up to get ready for dinner at BR Steakhouse. After a yummy dinner at BR Steakhouse and some more gambling, drinking and hanging out, Mike and I headed back to the room to retire for the night and do it all again on Sunday until our 3pm departure time back to reality.

Overall, the trip was a great getaway for the both of us. We haven't spent much 1 on 1 time together since the wedding and honeymoon with all the stuff going on here and all of my travel for business. I think it's safe to say we might head back there one day since it's a lot closer and cheaper than Vegas, but it's more of a weekend trip, not so much for longer than two nights.

post signature

1 comment:

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

glad it turned out to be a nice little trip! yay :)

Post a Comment