Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wedding Update!

Planning a wedding is as stressful as it seems. I know that I've helped many of my friends plan theirs and been a part of their days. Just when I think I've got it all done and set in my head and under budget, a new curve ball comes whaling my way. We have made some good headway though...here's some updates on where we are at!

Dress/Bridesmaid dresses:
You can catch up on my dress adventure here. Needless to say, that part of the puzzle was short and sweet...and under budget to boot! As far as bridesmaid dresses, we've tackled that battle as well. J.Crew it is kiddies...silk taffeta collection to be exact and in the Spiced Wine color. So YAY to this!

Venue/Design/Colors:
I blogged about this a bit ago. Another piece of the puzzle taken care of. Only thing to do now is sit back and wait for my meetings in December/January for menus, flowers and cake and such!

Music:
Battle of all battles right now. If I had my way, we'd be having a Journey coverband. If Mike had it his way, we'd end up with a DJ or an iPod. We'll see who wins. So far the band I've contacted keeps cancelling or rescheduling our meetings...kinda frustrating. I've extended my search to other bands so we'll see where it goes. As far as a DJ, I'm pretty against them at my wedding, but who knows I may find one that isn't beyond cheesy and it'll work out. Only time will tell!

Photography:
Done and couldn't be happier with our decision. After much searching and blogging and thinking, we went with Scobey Photography! Can't wait to get started working and planning with Graham and Ashley on our special Day.

Engagement Party/Showers and such:
Our Engagement Party is set for August 28th...full on Football Tailgate theme (YAY!). Our gracious families are throwing us this shindig at my brothers pad fully equipped with kegs and bbq! Can't wait to get these parties started.

Registry:
Now talk about fun! Mike and I have had a really good time working on our registry! We've picked Williams Sonoma, Crate and Barrell, Macy's and Pottery Barn for our registry. We've tackled most of the main items and can't wait to see what we end up with! Kind of hard though to imagine what our soon to be "big kid house" will look like so hopefully we picked enough stuff out and the right "look".

Honeymoon:
Even more fun than the registry or anything else! Mike and I were undecided between Thailand and Hawaii for our honeymoon. After research and pricing out options...and finding out Thailand would cost us close to $16,000 just to get there first class...we decided to go with Hawaii. We'll be going for 11 days/10 nights and splitting our time between Oahu and Maui! We're super stoked about our honeymoon and can't wait to get to paradise!

So in a nutshell, we're moving right along. As of today, we're 326 days out. That's 326 days to finish planning and getting everything in gear by April 30, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment