Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, America!

One of my favorite holiday's of the year, 4th of July, just passed. I can't remember a 4th that I haven't been at the pool, lake or beach. This year I decided to switch it up and run the Peachtree Road Race AND hit up the lake.

I haven't been training for the Peachtree Road Race. A full 10k (6.2 miles) chock full of hills, tons of supporters, great music and lots of water stops. This race is the largest 10k in the world. Around 55,000 people run and another 3,000 volunteers make this race a great time and a 4th of July tradition in Atlanta. Still waiting for my "official" photos, but here is what it looks like at the start! My goal was to finish (remember, I haven't been running in months) in under 1.5 hours and well, I did that! I could have done better, but was pretty proud of myself.

We headed up to Lake Rabun (located in North GA) later that day to celebrate the 4th with good friends and family. The Campbell family welcomed all the crew up for the weekend, too bad we were only there Sunday and Monday! Here are some shots from the lake!

Mike and Todd on the Tube!
Watching Fireworks on the boat
Pretty Fireworks!
Jump, Mike, Jump!
Kyle, Kerri, Mike and I on the dock at the lake!
What did you do to celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment