Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Can't wait for our Engagement Party!!

The date is set, the theme has been picked, invitations sent and RSVP's are rolling in!

Our Engagement Party is something I've been looking forward to for quite some time now. As soon as we got engaged, okay probably before that even, I had picked out the theme and date that I thought would be perfect for our first 'hosted party' as an engaged couple. Graciously, my parents, brother & sister-in-law, Mike's parents and my sister-in-law's grandparents offered to host this event. It's being held on the final Saturday before the best time of year...FOOTBALL SEASON!
**A little back history here for you. Mike and I are football fanatics. We both LOVE college football and get very excited during the fall on Saturdays! Here's the breakdown of school love.

Melissa: University of Alabama
Mike: University of Georgia
My Parents: Florida State University
Mike's Parents: University of Florida
(are you sensing the hostility yet?)
My Brother and Sister-in-Law: University of Tennessee
Mike's Sister: University of Georgia
Mike's Brother-in-Law: Notre Dame

So needless to say, we're super excited about this party! It's going to be a fun, laid back kind of day. Kegs, food, good friends and family and even a pinata will be making an appearance. Can't wait to show off my koozies I ordered and the adorable other little favors we've picked up for the day!
So get your game face on, your favorite school colors (ROLL TIDE!) and head on over to celebrate the beginning of our wedding season!

No comments:

Post a Comment