Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Favorites!

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

I decided to highlight items on Friday that I find I can't live without. Who knows how long this will last, but for now, you can get a sneak peak into my favorite things...which do include ponies, yet not so much apple streudels.


My all time staple item that you can find me in 3-4 days a week--JEANS! I wear them to the office, out with friends, around the house...you name it, I wear them! Right now my favorite brands are Citizens of Humanity and MEK, both of which you can get at Bloomingdales or Nordstrom. I'd like to consider myself a 'jean snob' but that hasn't been the case until recently. I pick my jeans on three things.

1) The color of the denim
2) The pocket design (which correlates directly to the brand)
3) The length/fit and how good it makes my butt look :)


So once a pair of jeans meets all three of these uber strict criteria...they become a winner and well, I purchase more than one pair because I blow through jeans like I do chocolate candy. The only issue ,you see, I have this problem...I have huge tree trunk sized quads, miniature to small size waist and hips and yet midget length legs. That being said, anything I buy, as far as pants go, has to be altered. So finding this perfect jean is critical and very time consuming. Once I find a brand I like, I stick with it. So Citizens of Humanity and MEK numbers and stock just went up...lucky them!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

thanks Lauren for your help with the logo for Friday's Favorites...you ROCK

Post a Comment