Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Bought HOW MANY Mason Jars!?

The great wedding favor debate has been solved! I tried to keep them in my "theme" for the wedding and true to what the night is about. However, there is that southern charm in my heart that I felt needed to shine through on at least ONE part of my big day. My favor ideas strayed from mason jars of honey, mason jars of pecans and finally ended with mason jars full of M&M's. I'm obsessed with mason jars if you can't tell. It doesn't get much easier than 2 initials being M and M. Get it? Mike and Melissa....MORRIS! 3M actually, but lets be honest. I'm not giving away pens. M&M's just seemed naturally smart to use. Everyone loves them, they are super cute and heck, decently cheap! M&M's in a mason jar...EVEN cuter!

I scoured 4 Wal-Mart's yesterday for the half pint mason jars. Who knew these things were so hard to find around this time of year. Apparently they are a 'seasonal' item. So when I found
them at the 4th store I visited...I bought all 14 cases they had! That's 168 mason jars. The people in the store looked at me like I had 3 heads as I loaded up not one, but two carts full of these bad boys. They probably thought I was opening some sort of jelly store. My pretty little (empty as of now) mason jars are all sitting so neatly in the trunk of my Acura right now...god help me if I hit a bump or get rear-ended before I can get them to my parents house on Thursday.

My plan is to get the mason jars loaded up closer to the date of the wedding, but the mind never stops. The plan is for these to be on each table setting at the reception for our guests to take home and enjoy. I figure everyone loves chocolate and everyone could use a mason jar for something in their house. I've been searching for wine and lime raffia and been working on a design for the gift tags for these cute little jars. Here is a piecemeal version of what they will look like. Once they get completed, I'll be sure to post. I envision hours with my pal Lauren, mom and my MOH's working on these bad boys!



Here are the gift tags I've been working on. What do you think? I tried to use a play on words from the M&M brand yet make it unique for us ans our day.



Can't wait to get working on these. Only 214 days until the wedding. It's going to be here before I know it!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Cute favor idea! :)

Lauren said...

I would just like to know how the heck you got TWO carts through the darn Wal-Mart... I would have gone to help you, even though Wal-Mart gives me hives and anxiety... Can not wait to craft it up!!! So cute. Although you know I like a good pen, I would have been happy with a personalized Mike & Melissa pen had it been the right pointage. :)

Post a Comment