Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

It's been 5 days and nobody's been hurt...

I'll admit. If there was an AA for Diet Coke/Coke Zero drinkers, I'd be interested in attending. Somehow, I have survived a SOLID 5 days without one of these bad boys.

I'm unsure how I have lasted this long to be quite honest. Every other time I've tried to give up my beloved Diet Coke/Coke Zero I've been a raging b*tch and had massive headaches. So far, so good. No headaches to complain about and I've been at normal attitude level. I don't know if it's because of the increase in calcium through supplements and Vitamin D or if it's because my brain knows I need to get my diet and workout schedule in check so that the beloved dress for the wedding will fit. Either way, I like it. I have had nothing but water, 1 can of green tea with honey and ginseng and a few sips of Gatorade this week.

I've heard various things about how diet soda can impede weight loss because of the sugars that they put in it and such. I've also heard that it doesn't matter. This is a decent article on WebMD about the effects of diet soda on weight loss. I'm not counting on much here, but it'd be great to say I dropped a few lbs just because of giving up diet soda!

If you know me and know me well, you know this is a big deal. So here's to the next few weeks of trying to kick the habit and stay on track. Next time you see me, make sure to offer water with *extra* lemons so I don't get off track!

**Just another tidbit for those who know me well. I haven't had ketchup in about 2 weeks. I had some with my fries (gasp, yes, I had a couple fries) it actually was TOO sweet. Can you believe it!?! Shocker huh?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I quit drinking soda like six months ago! I dont miss it at all! EXCEPT recently I started drinking siera mist with cranberry juice... and I love it. I need to stop before i get addicted again! :) lol

GOOD LUCK!

Post a Comment